And all that you find there....

I wrote this many years ago before I really knew how to love myself. I believe that loving human beings is something we learn to do well when we have learned to love ourselves. We don't understand loss and ego, and how to differentiate what is true loss. It took me many years to see this relationship as a learning aspect of my life, and to know it was meant to teach me more about myself. Don't be worried to "lose". Some of what feels to be our greatest losses leads to things we couldn't imagine knowing, or gaining. 


I love when we stand naked staring at the truth. We take down pictures and posters to reveal bare walls where we will draw graphs, and charts proving our points in an effort to conquer the things that make us wrong. We struggle with strangers who only know our names. When you knew every inside part of who I am. I stood inside paper walls with you. In a place where you only held my hand. You hung my dreams on the coat rack and carried me to bed. During nights where I was cold and found you next to me you would kiss my lashes and sing me to sleep. And yet you went away. I lay in strangers beds, their hands and kisses on my face. Beautiful as they are...I can't seem to love them the same.


Josalyn Pierce



Comments

Popular Posts